Home :: Toothache Home Remedies
Home Remedies For
Toothache is a painful experience. Follow the toothache remedies given on this page to get relief :-
- Dip a swab of clean cotton in clove oil and place it under the aching tooth. It relieves pain instantly. This remedy helps to decrease infection due to its antiseptic properties.
- Chew a ginger piece slowly with the aching tooth/teeth to release its juice and leave there for half an hour. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Place a piece of raw onion on the tooth.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of common salt with 1/2 cup of boiling water. Take a mouthful of this water and move it around the aching tooth.
- Peppermint: 5 grams of fresh peppermint is boiled in 1 cup of water with a pinch of salt. When drunk, this is believed to relieve toothaches, as well as any other types of pain affecting the head and neck, including headaches.
- The juice of wheat grass acts as an excellent mouthwash for tooth decay and cures toothaches. Wheat grass can be chewed with beneficial results. It draws out toxins from the gums and thus checks bacterial growth.
- Marjoram (Marwa), an aromatic herb of the mint family is also helpful in curing toothache.
- To one teaspoonful of ginger and roasted alum, add a few drops of mustard oil to make the paste fairly consistent to apply. This ensures a speedy recovery and application of this paste at regular intervals eases the pain considerably.
- Chewing of fresh bark of Babool tree helps strengthen loose teeth and arrest any bleeding from the gums.
- Burn some turmeric (haldi) sticks, make a fine powder and use as toothpowder.
- A paste of the bark of bay berry should be made with vinegar. This paste, applied on the affected tooth, will relieve the toothache. It can also be applied beneficially on the gums for strengthening them.
- Pour a few drops oil of oregano on the paining tooth or gum.
- Nutmeg is considered bad for toothaches, so in this instance should be avoided.
(c) Health-care-clinic.org All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Health-care-clinic.org website is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Always take the advice of professional health care for specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site. Please note that medical information is constantly changing. Therefore some information may be out of date.